These cookies are a mixture of two recipes in the latest recipe book I bought. Sweet and salty are such a good flavour combination, as is the crispy texture of the cornflakes against the cookie dough. These are the perfect weekend treat, makes 12.
300g caster sugar
300g self raising flower
1 large egg
80g corn flakes
pinch of sea salt
1) Preheat the oven to 180 fan and line two baking trays
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl, then mix in the egg
3) Add in the flour and cornflakes and mix until you form a dough
4) Marble the Nutella into the dough using a palette knife or teaspoon
5) Form the dough into 12 evenly sized pieces and put 6 per baking tray. Flatten them slightly and make sure there are spaces in between them as they will spread. Sprinkle lightly with a pinch of salt then pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Once these are cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool… or eat on straight from the oven and enjoy with a glass of milk or a cup of tea. You might also like: Peanut Butter M&M Smartie Cookies