These chocolate cupcakes, topped with a white chocolate buttercream and decorated with a Nutella drizzle and Kinder Bueno pieces are perfect if you want to impress other people with your cupcake skills. Since taking these into work for someone’s birthday, I’ve had about four people asking me to bring them in a batch and a couple of requests for the recipe.
As usual with the cupcake recipes I post on my blog, these are easy to make as I love the all-in-one method and the only special ingredients that you might not have in your baking cupboard is the white chocolate and kinder Bueno.
I made a different variation a few weeks ago with my friend Amy and we sort of made it up as we go along. They were a vanilla cupcake with melted Bueno chocolate rippled into the mixture, finished off with a Nutella buttercream and a piece of Kinder Bueno. You can find the recipe for these here (pictured below) but here is the recipe for my Kinder Bueno cupcakes, round 2.
100g softened butter
150g self raising flour
150g caster sugar
3 tablespoons milk
2 large eggs
1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
For the icing
100g softened butter
200g icing sugar
50g melted white chocolate
1 tablespoon milk, if needed
2 tablespoons Nuttella
3 packets Kinder Bueno (I went for a combination of white and milk chocolate)
1) Preheat the oven to 160 Fan and line a 12 hole muffin tray.
2) Measure all the ingredients and combine in a large mixing bowl, beating until smooth and well combined.
3) Transfer the mixture into the cupcakes cases and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of a cupcake.
4) Once cooked, leave to cool and make the butter icing. I melted 50g of white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every few seconds until completely melted. I then made up my buttercream with an electric mixer then stirred in the melted chocolate. If it looks a bit thick or as though it won’t pipe very easily then add in the milk.
5) Decorate however you like – I used a starred piping nozzle for the icing. I popped the Nutella in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to drizzle using a teaspoon, then topped with two chunks of Kinder Bueno.
I used the same recipe for a friend’s leaving cake which you can see below, filled with a Nutella buttercream and topped with some plain buttercream that I set aside before decorating. You can find my other cupcake recipes here:
Apple Shaped Cinnamon Cupcakes
Kinder Bueno Cupcakes
Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes